Privacy and PDP Policy
Thank you for visiting us online at www.myc.com.my. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound Salient Information Sdn Bhd ("Malaysian Youth Community") Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
At MYC!, we strive to do everything we can to respect the trust consumers have in our brand and our commitment to your privacy is no exception. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding consumer privacy.
Collection of Personal Data.
- "Personal Data" means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Media Prima in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by MYC! (Salient Information Sdn Bhd) from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
Consequently, we wish to inform you that the types of Personal Data collected essentially depend on the purpose of collection. Thus depending on the purpose of collection, the Personal Data collected may be in the form of:
- Date of birth.
- Particulars of identity card / passport.
- Contact Information, address.
- Photograph, video, CCTV.
- Feedback, performance review.
- Employment records.
- Banking Particulars, credit card and details.
- Such other information as may be required for specific reasons.
Data Collected & Purposes
- During the course of MYC!'s (Salient Information Sdn Bhd) business and activities, MYC! (Salient Information Sdn Bhd) may be required to process information of a data subject, including but not limited to the name of the individual, address, phone number and email address. Information identifying in combination with other information even if such information cannot identify such individual on its own. Such information may be collected online or offline.
The personal data collected by MYC! (Salient Information Sdn Bhd) may be used inter alia for the following purpose*:-
- Providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/ or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
- Promoting, advertising and enhancing our products and services;
- Human resources, employment and recruitment purposes;
- Training of staff;
- Storing and processing of personal data relating to the clients of MYC in the data storage systems;
- Updating and managing the accuracy of the MYC's internal record, including but not limited to administration, processing and matching any personal data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- Billing, taxation and/ or auditing purposes;
- Information and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issues, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- Facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any merges, acquisitions or assets sales) invoicing any of the related corporations or affiliates of MYC;
- Legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- Disclosing personal data to the government authorities and/or authorised third party as required by law and/or within the responsibility of MYC; and
- As reasonably contemplated by the nature of any transaction.
* This list is not exhaustive.